Sunday, January 06, 2008

Painting 13

Another exercise which I actually completed in one sitting. What a bonus for me considering some of my first paintings took weeks and weeks. The assignment was to paint using the complementary color of the actual color. Kind of a cool effect. The painting is from a photo I took in Chicago on a fall day. Notice the Sears tower? I visit this trip in a painting later on, and now that I'm looking at this painting again after all this time, there are some similarities it the use of brush work and color. Perhaps these exercises were useful. Hopefully, I'll update this blog more often so the 2nd Chicago painting will see the light of day before I'm in a home. Painting makes me happy! It's like procreating without the trouble. Little pieces of me to go into the world... more likely the trash. LOL. Notice: I'm very behind in my progress. This trip was in 2005 and I probably painted it around that time. I would love to go live one day! I get much better, but you'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: