Thursday, June 21, 2007

Painting 11

Well, I thought at the time I needed to loosen up, and the previous painting wasn't successful because I added too much detail which, I just explained, wasn't the entire reason why. Yet, I tried again with a more stylize approach. Still nasty. As for color, not very pleasing combination with the sky still looking out of place to me. Doesn't hurt to stretch now and then. Even if it means failing twice and causing you to wonder why you paint in the first place.

Somewhere around this time, I had a break from painting. I signed up for the class but it didn't make, mostly from the school's error in placing Karen and Gail in the morning class, leaving too few for the evening to make. It's good to walk away for awhile, just so you don't do it for too long.

No comments: